Finishing putty can itself function as last decorative finish.
Its immediate Goal is:
- Closing alignment of the surface;
- removal of minor defects in the wall or ceiling;
- Strengthening the protective properties of the treated surface: water resistance, cold and heat resistance, resistance to mechanical stress and vibration, etc;
- providing the essential performance properties into the base layer, as an instance, plasticity, to prevent cracking.
- Improving the standard of their working surface following the prior rougher remedy and preparing it for further completing;
- Giving the face an aesthetic appearance, uniform coloration.
“Knauf-Multifinish glue” ready-made plastic sheeting 20kg
KNAUF-Multi-finish glue is a ready-made filler mix according to polymer dispersion with mineral limestone additives and additives which govern the properties of this mixture.
It’s used inside for:
- Puttying the joints between KNAUF-sheets with a thinned edge (UC) and also a straight cut border, in combination with reinforcing tape;
- Finishing puttying the joints and surface of KNAUF-sheets, embedded with the mix KNAUF-Fugenfuller or KNAUF-Uniflot, from the preparation of the surface to get high-quality painting;
KNAUF-Multi-finish glue should not be used for sealing joints between perforated sound absorbing gypsum boards.
- Does not need mixing and aging;
- comes with an elastic consistency;
- matches the joints well;
- dries fast;
- is easily sanded;
- has a good adhesion to the substrate;
- includes a high degree of whiteness following drying.
Consumption of the filler mix is:
- When sealing the joints of KNAUF-sheets using a thin border of the AC ~ 0.30-0.35 kg/m2
- at full puttying of the surface with 1 mm coating thickness ~ 1.7 kg/m2
Procedure of works
The temperature of the base and the room air must be 10°C.
KNAUF-boards must be firmly constructed on the load-bearing frame, be dry, warm and dust-free. Puttying the joints of KNAUF-boards need to be produced in the operational temperature and humidity conditions, following all work related to its modifications, which instills linear deformations of all gypsum board sheets.
Plaster and concrete bases must be dry, cleaned of dust, dirt and delamination. Large irregularities or damages have to be emptied with KNAUF-Fugenfüller compound and dried.