Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by many different materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the rich choice of https://1popechi.ru/ textures and colors, such floors appear magnificent and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not only by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is often employed as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, so it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of pure wood or stone.
No matter how perfect this material is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The large cost. The product, that may last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coat is acquired from the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are available.